Monday, May 31, 2010

I believe in....


I believe that if I have a confidence to do something or take a risk and try my best, I will succeed in that particular thing. This belief started when I was learning ice- skating. When I was young, I was really bad at sports. I learnt swimming and I kept repeating the same mistake even though the coach corrected me few times.

When I was young, probably like since 1st grade, I had nose-bleeding a lot. My parents thought it was because my body was weak. They wanted to find solutions. My cousin was good at Ice- skating and he was an ice-skating player. My parents found out that by learning and doing Ice- skating, it helps my body to get stronger and its better for nose-bleeding.

Since the starting of 3rd grade, I started learning ice- skating even though my parents knew that I was not good at sports because they wanted to my health to get better not the skills. At that time, I decided to try my best to put effort in it and make my parents happy. As I learnt ice-skating, my nose-bleeding stopped like a miracle because I thought it would never stop. I also improved my ice-skating skills. As I improved much better, I went to the competition where all the skaters from the country were gathered. I competed with others that have similar skills as me.

On my first competition, I won the gold medal because the track was pretty short. I had another 2 competitions which took place in winter some other parts of Korea. This competition made me a little bit nervous because it was a cold day and I had to run twice as more than the last time. Unfortunately, by too much of nerve breaking, I fell down once on the cornering and made the same mistake twice on the other one too. When I fell down, my coach was shouting at me a lot. Hey, why did you fall down?! You could have won this competition!!!! I saw my parents disappointing a little too. I tried my best however failed. From that mistake, I learnt that I should not get nervous of what place I will be in because I tried my best and put my best effort in it.

" I believe that trying and taking a risk makes you a beautiful and a successful person. "

Image Source: http://danlacher.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/confidence-coaching-pic.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment